Parents in the event of inclement weather and schools are delayed or closed please refer below to where you can find information on district delays or closure
School delayed time is 2 hours (Castro’s delayed starting time is 10:10 a.m.)
DPS announces closures or delays via the following communications tools:
- Automated calls and emails – Families who provide phone numbers or email addresses to schools will receive a phone call and/or an email announcing any closure or delay due to inclement weather. Please always update a change in phone number with the main office
- Bus Bulletin, DPS’ new tool automatically informing parents of any school bus delays. Learn more or sign up.
- News media – DPS immediately notifies news media for inclusion on their weather closing or delays lists.
- DPS homepage – Closures and delays are announced via a red “alert” banner across the top of the district homepage at www.dpsk12.org.
- DPS social media – Announcements to close or delay school will quickly be posted to Facebook @Denver Public Schools and Twitter @DPSNewsNow.
- District closure/delay hotline – A message announcing the closure or delay will be left on the school district’s closure hotline at 720-423-3200, as well on the DPS Transportation Services hotline at 720-423-4600.